Saturday, 31 October 2009

Friendship

A friend of mine was telling me that a good friendship is not an immediate thing.. It doesn't work just when you say that I want him/her to be my best friend, then he/she will be your best friend. Good frienship is build overtime and tested by time. I agree.. This friend also suggested to spend time with whomever I have chance to spend my time with. I have no objection to these opinions. They are acceptable and reasonable.

By telling me all this, my friend forget to tell me one important thing in friendship; it involves WILLINGNESS. Both side need to have willingness to be friend with each others, willingness to make time and spend time with each other or just thinking or praying for each other, willingness to share and to care(to give and to get), willinness to accept their plus and minus and sadly but true... willingness to be hurt... Am i willing to get hurt? Hhmmm...

Praise God that when i think about this, I could list few names in the category who I can identify as 'good friend' of mine. Our friendship has been tested by time and we do not need much words or actions just to show that we are valuable to each others.. for we know that eventho we are seperated by distance, by our own study and business, we still care for each other, love each other, pray for each other and when we meet, we could just talk about everything.. Thanks buddies!! I miss you so much!!

Let me end with a quote from George Eliot: "Oh, the inexpressibe comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

No comments:

Post a Comment