Friday, 4 September 2009

Today, we are...

We are the way we are because of....

Sometimes we say that genetic is what makes us the way we are. Come to think about it, it is so not completely true. Genetic does play role in shaping us, but... the main factor would be environment (nurture part). you know evolution ay? Genetic follows what environment requires..

Environment talking about culture where we are brought up. And childhood is when we absorb most of the culture and apply it to our life, making it our habit and set them as our values. Here, family play such important roles in setting up your values. So, you might have the same culture but different values just because you are in different family.

Experience to study abroad and live in a city with high diversity makes me realise that this is what differentiate us as human. I meet them when their culture and values has been well set up in their lives, and so with mine. How should we responds to these differences are what matter. I definitely think that we need to respect other cultures and values, but I also think that we need to make some changes to be able to live in harmony - meaning true harmony, not only in the surface.

I think being Christian, I have learn a lot the real values of live. To admit, it is hard to change my culture, habit and values that has been planted by my wordly live to the culture, habit and values of the Kingdon of God. But this is the one that can bring harmony in living with each others.

So, why not give it a try to a good stuff =)

PS.
Who you are now determined by your past and you cannot go back and change your past.
Who you are in the future determined by your life in the present and you can do something today to make a better life.

Isaiah 43: 18-19
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

No comments:

Post a Comment