Thursday, 24 March 2011

Never satisfied!!

The more we have, the more we want...

I guess this is a struggle or so called ambition that most people have at one stage of their lives or even throughout their lives. You say, "if just I can have that, then I will feel content." You have it then there are more of that saying, this time, it is even fancier.

Being brought up not in a rich family, I thought having certain achievement can make me really grateful and content forever. Indeed, I did in the beginning. I was so thankful for getting a "thing" till I don't care that I have to make sacrifices on other things. Now, I have taken the "thing" for granted! I don't feel thankful anymore and I want more of other things. I end up making excuse for not being satisfied and can't feel content and thankful.

Just if this desire is to know God more and more and to never feel content of with what I have in him.. that will be amazing!!
But why? Why is this desire for something else?

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment